Parent and Professional Library
Our "media collection" is now largely electronic, and available on-demand; please see the links in the subject tabs below. When appropriate, this system will direct you to another discretionary project's resources. It is our hope that this will help educators and families connect to other projects which can be of assistance for targeted needs. While much of our collection is now electronic, additional materials are available in paper or other media formats in the center. For a complete listing of center-based materials that are available for checkout, please check back periodically; we are migrating that information to this system to create a single point of access!
Library Policies & Procedures
There are both professional and parent use materials available for check out. Materials may be requested in person, by email, or by phone. Special assistance for selecting materials is available from HRD specialists upon request. Materials can be sent to Escambia school district teachers, and returned to the center, through the school courier. Materials borrowed in by teachers in Santa Rosa public schools will be delivered to the Santa Rosa courier and returned to the center via the Santa Rosa courier using a provided address label. Materials borrowed by teachers in Okaloosa public schools will be delivered to the Okaloosa courier, and returned to the center via the Okaloosa courier using a provided address label. Parents, private school staff, and community members may visit the FDLRS Center to check out materials, or make other arrangements with staff.
The library is open from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. following the Escambia School District working calendar.
What are the loan policies?
- Materials are loaned primarily for preview purposes, demonstration, trial-use, and evaluation.
- Materials are NOT consumable. Participants may NOT write in the materials.
- By request, materials not immediately available may be placed on reserve.
Who can check out materials?
Anyone who serves exceptional students in Escambia, Okaloosa, and Santa Rosa counties, including:
- Public school teachers
- Private school teachers
- Private and community agency personnel
- Parents of exceptional students
- University students
How long can I keep the materials?
- Most materials - nine (9) weeks
- DVDs - one (1) week
- NOTE: All materials loaned are subject to recall on an "as needed" basis by FDLRS.
How many items can I check out?
- Escambia, Okaloosa and Santa Rosa public school teachers - five (5) items
- All others - three (3) items
- Access Points
- Differentiating Instruction
- Early Childhood
- Executive Functioning
- Gifted and Talented
- Mathematics (includes Dyscalculia)
- Physical Education
- ELA/Reading (includes Dyslexia)
- Secondary Transition
- Social Stories
- Social Studies
- The Florida Department of Education
- Universal Design for Learning
- Website Resources