Parent and Professional Resources/Lending Library
Parents are welcome to check out items from the Parent and Professional Library. Many of the items are free and accessible on the worldwide web; to borrow materials, click this link to go to the Parent and Professional Resources/Lending Library page.
Additional websites of interest to parents:
- American Foundation for the Blind - The mission of the American Foundation for the Blind is to create a world of no limits for people who are blind or visually impaired. We mobilize leaders, advance understanding, and champion impactful policies and practices using research and data.
- Bright Expectations - A website dedicated to helping our residents with unique abilities find the support, resources, and inspiration they and their families need to break barriers, defy lowered expectations, and achieve the brightest futures they can imagine.
- Discovery Education - Free Resources on a variety of topics
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation--Florida (VR) - VR is a federal-state program that helps people who have physical or mental disabilities get or keep a job.
- ESE Eligibility - The Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services supports school districts and others in their efforts to provide exceptional student education programs for students ages 3 – 21 who have disabilities and students who are gifted. Each school district is responsible for providing services to students who are eligible for exceptional student education (ESE) programs.
- Exceptional Student Education - The Bureau of Exceptional Student Education administers programs for students with disabilities.
- Florida Center for Reading Research - Resources for parents, families, and caregivers to support children's reading
- Florida Developmental Disabilities Council - Agency committed to advocating and promoting programs, practices, and innovative initiatives that enhance the independence, productivity, inclusion, and self-determination of individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Learning Disabilities Association of America - Support and resources for parents of children with learning disabilities
- Transition to Independence Project (TIP) - The TIP system was developed to engage youth and young adults in their own futures planning process, provide them with developmentally-appropriate services and supports, and involve them and their families and other informal key players in a process that prepares and facilitates them in their movement toward greater self-sufficiency and successful achievement of their goals related to each of the transition domains.
- US Department of Education - Information for parents of children with special needs
- Family Network on Disabilities - Variety of information for parents
Websites of interest to parents and students:
- Cool Math 4 Kids
- Fun, Easy English
- Interactive Lesson Activities that Span all Grade Levels and Subjects
- IXL Reading and Math Activities/Lessons
- Learning Chocolate - Free vocabulary games
- List of Learning Sites for Kids
- MES Games for ESL Students
- Math Cats
- Math Multiplication Games
- Reading Websites for Elementary Students