Parent Resources, Birth - 5
Links to website resources have been provided for copying and pasting into a web browser:
- Child Find Brochure: This pamphlet describes the developmental milestones from birth to 5 years (link to come).
- Early Steps is accessed at http://www.cms-kids.com/families/early_steps/early_steps.html Early Steps serves Florida's infants and toddlers from birth to 36 months who have developmental delays or a condition that places them at risk for developmental delays.
- www.firstsigns.org: This website is dedicated to the early identification and intervention of children with delays. The site lists developmental milestones through the age of three and posts red flags warnings which might indicate a delay or disorder.
- www.talaris.org: This website includes an interactive developmental timeline for children birth through five. A parent is able to explore the five areas of development: socio-emotional, cognitive, language, sensory and motor. It can also be navigated using age. A small library of one minute videos on child rearing is also available.
- www.todobebe.com: This site is written in Spanish and provides Spanish speaking families with information on a variety of topics.
- www.zerotothree.org: This website is loaded with information for parents on typical and atypical development, brain growth and function, and child-rearing issues. It covers all areas of development and the index provided makes it user friendly.