Are you concerned about a child who may need special education services?
- Call (850) 469-5423 or 1-888-445-9662 to schedule a screening appointment.
- You may also complete and return one of the forms below [either the online form OR the printable referral form (see link at the bottom of this page)] to be contacted for a screening appointment.
- Contacts to discuss needs and schedule a screening appointment are generally made within three business days.
- Free developmental, speech, language, hearing, and vision screenings are provided for children, ages 3-21, who are NOT currently enrolled in public school.
- Child Find screenings are done in Pensacola, Milton, Navarre, Fort Walton Beach and Crestview, FL.
- For students already enrolled in public school, please contact the Guidance Counselor at the child's school for assistance.
- For children ages birth to 36 months, please contact the Early Steps Intervention Program. Early Steps at Sacred Heart serves Escambia, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, and Walton counties.
Click the "Refer My Child" button below to complete an online referral. This link is a "one-stop-shop" for referrals from any source...families, physicians, daycare centers, therapists, community agencies, etc.
Alternately, a printable referral form link is found at the bottom of this page.
*For security reasons, the PRINTABLE form cannot be returned via email.
Please return printed forms to the FDLRS Emerald Coast office by:
faxing to (850) 469-5574
mailing to FDLRS Emerald Coast, 30 E. Texar Drive, Pensacola, FL 32503.