Special Ed Connection
Do you have a child with a disability of school age in Florida?
Learn where to find resources to help your child benefit from special education services at the Special Ed Connection®
These resources include:
- A better understanding of special education topics.
- A way to be more actively involved in meeting the special education needs of your student.
- Smart Starts, a quick way to gain a better understanding of almost 450 special education topics, federal regulations, case law, assistive technology, and how the special education law applies to your family member.
- Special Ed Online Dictionary, which contains straightforward, easily understood definitions of more than 1,400 widely used terms.
- News and Updates, which can help you stay current on the latest news and developments in the special education community.
- Special Ed Round-Ups, an easy way to quickly access the latest news on hundreds of special education issues from autism to bullying to postsecondary transition and more.
The Florida Department of Education is proud to provide access to the Special Ed Connection® at no cost to families of students with disabilities. To find out how you can gain access to this valuable resource visit the web at: http://www.fdlrs.org/images/pdf/parentservices/LRP_Parent_Contacts.pdf or call
Lyn Harris, FDLRS Emerald Coast Center Coordinator at (850)469-5423.